The Larkhall Festival is over for another year. The sun came out and so did hundreds of people. Check out our Facebook and Twitter pages for photographs and comments. You can also add photographs on Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/groups/larkhallart2013/pool/
The 5th Larkhall Festival will take place over the May Bank holiday weekend, Friday 3rd May to Monday 6th May. All events are FREE unless stated.
To see what’s on over the weekend point to ‘Programme’ above and choose a day.
The printed programme is delivered door-to-door inside the Larkhall News and is available in local shops, pubs, cafes, New Oriel Hall etc. A pdf of the programme is also available here.
For more information about the open studios and exhibition visit larkhallopenstudios.weebly.com
This year there will be only one heat and it will take place on Saturday 20th April in the Larkhall Inn starting at 8pm.
Just come along, give us your name and sing!
Heat winners will go forward to the final on Saturday 4th May in New Oriel Hall.
Tickets £12 (includes meal with a choice of pheasant, fish or vegetarian)
With Live Music from:
Velvet Jones and the Velvet Tones
Benji and Hibbz
Plus Casino and Bar
Tickets available from the Larkhall Inn.
A mask must be worn to gain entry!!
(mention Larkhall Festival to get 10% off masks at Funtastic, Guildhall market)
The 5th Larkhall Festival will take place over the May Bank holiday weekend, Friday 3rd May to Monday 6th May. Here is a selection of activities for children, adults or the whole family.
1. Treat your ears to some great local vocals at the Choirs by Fire in New Oriel Hall or the Beckford Singers in St Saviour’s Church
2. Dress up smart and place your bets at the brand new Casino Royale in the Liberal Club
3. Visit the New Oriel Hall art exhibition or step inside an artist’s studio
4. Bring out your creative side at arts & crafts workshops for children (St Saviour’s Church and St Mark’s School) and adults (New Oriel Hall).
5. Try your hand at sausage making at our first ever Generation Game style Food Festival in the Larkhall Inn.
6. Strut your scary stuff at the Alice Park ‘Dr Who & Aliens’ fancy dress parade competition
7. Take part in the children’s treasure hunt around local shops and then climb to the top of St Saviour’s Church
8. Showcase your singing talents in the Larkhall X factory. Watch out for heats in local pubs and clubs leading up to the grand final in the New Oriel Hall
9. Develop your creative writing and storytelling skills at workshops for both adults and children to celebrate the opening of the New Oriel Hall community library
10. Pull a face at the Larkhall Gurning competition
11. Check out the music in Larkhall Inn garden and the Rondo Theatre
12. Take your partners for the New Oriel Hall Ceilidh
13. Pick up some local arts and crafts at the New Oriel Hall craft market
14. Check out hidden floral treasures on the Larkhall garden trail
15. Chill out, listen to some great grooves and play some boules at the Party in the Park
Saturday 9th February
New Oriel Hall
£10 for food and quiz (there will be a bar so no need to bring your own drink).
Come as a group or on your own and join up with others. It’s based on tables so if you do want to sit as a group you’ll need to come early.
Tickets available from Emma’s Cafe, Larkhall Square and Alice Park Cafe.
Cash payment only.
If you require a vegetarian meal please leave your name when you buy a ticket
The 2013 Larkhall Festival will take place from 4th-6th May 2013.
We’ll be updating the site with the latest news for the 2013 festival as it happens.
We’re transferring our pages to a new site bit by bit. Details of previous years’ programmes will be back on the site soon.